Points to keep in mind
The surface of the wall must be clean, dry, smooth, and sound. Any uneven surfaces must be filled, Flaking paint and lose wallpaper should be removed. Give the wall a coating of prime if it’s color is very different from the new wallpaper. Very absorbent surfaces, such as plaster walls, should be sized.
For mixing the paste,
- Use a bucket and whisk to mix ingredients.
- Sprinkle content of package into 4 liters of cold water, then mix briskly for 30 seconds.
- After approximately 3 minutes stir again.
- After 15 minutes give it a good final stir and it will be ready to use.
Unused adhesive can be stored for about 14 days.
Right adhesive: Always use an adhesive which is specially recommended for non-woven wallpaper.
RECOMMENDED TOOLS – HOW TO HANG WALLPAPER
- Rollers and tray
- Paintbrush (For the areas that the roller misses, e.g. along the ceiling and skirting boards)
- Spirit level or plumb line (To make sure of the straightening of the wallpaper)
- Steel ruler (To make a clea, straight cut along the top and bottom)
- Wallpaper sponge (A sponge or a soft cloth, preferably a cellulose sponge)
- Craft knife